Date & time
This conference is an outcome of Australian Research Council Discovery Project DP170104244, Are tax base erosion and profit shifting countermeasures effective? Chief Investigators Alfred Tran, Australian National University, and Miranda Stewart, Melbourne University.
This fully online event, with leading international experts, examines how we can evaluate the tax planning behaviour of MNEs and the policy response of governments. It will examine international responses to BEPS, including in the US, the UK and Australia, and discuss the future direction.
The program and speaker biographies are available here and in the ‘downloads’ tab above.
The online event will be held in two main sessions:
Thursday 2 December, 6:00pm - 8:30pm (AEDT)
Friday 3 December, 8:10am - 12:30pm (AEDT)
Confirmed speakers include:
- Mr David Bradbury, Head of Tax Policy, OECD
- Ms Maryanne Mrakovcic, Deputy Secretary, Australian Treasury
- Mr Marty Robinson, A/g First Assistant Secretary, Corporate and International Tax Division, Revenue Group, Australian Treasury
- Mr Hector Thompson, Deputy Commissioner Public Groups & International, Australian Taxation Office
- Professor Dhammika Dharmapala, University of Chicago Law School, US
- Professor Richard Collier, Centre for Business Taxation, Oxford University, UK
- Mr Ruud de Mooij, International Monetary Fund, Fiscal Affairs Department
- Ms Vicki Perry, (formerly) Deputy Director, Fiscal Affairs Department, International Monetary Fund
- Professor Graeme Cooper, University of Sydney
- Professor Kerrie Sadiq, Queensland University of Technology
- Associate Professor Alfred Tran, Australian National University
- Professor Miranda Stewart, University of Melbourne Law School
More details on this event and registration is available here.